Friday through Sunday, July 21-23, 2017
Enjoy a long weekend get-away diving the Graveyard of the Atlantic! Ranked #1 in North America for Best Big Animals by Scuba Diving!
Join us diving world-class wrecks such as the U-352, Papoose, Schurz, Caribsea and almost certainly seeing Morehead’s resident Sand Tiger Sharks.
Our adventure includes two days of two-tank diving with Olympus Dive Center (Saturday and Sunday) and Morehead City accommodations on Friday and Saturday nights. We anticipate leaving for Morehead early Friday morning and returning after the Sunday dives, so it’s a nice long weekend of great diving. Actual dive sites are captain’s choice based on weather and other considerations.
Training possibilities include Deep, Wreck and Boat specialties and various Adventure dives. PADI TecRec also possible.
North Carolina diving is deep diving (the U-352 reaches 115+ feet), so Olympus has the following requirements:
- Minimum of 20 logged dives
- At least one dive in the ocean to 70 feet or greater
- At least 2 logged boat dives
- At least 2 dives in the last twelve months
- Minimum age is 15 years old
- Advanced Open Water Certification preferred.
- Experienced divers with Open Water Certification and required dives are accepted.
We strongly recommend diving with Enriched Air to maximize your bottom times, so get Enriched Air certified prior to departure. Morehead City is a 6+ hour drive from Blue Octopus. Most divers arrange carpools leaving late Friday morning to (hopefully) avoid the summer weekend traffic, arrive late Friday evening, dive Saturday and Sunday an drive back after Sunday's dives, arriving back in the Alexandria area around 11p.m. Sunday night.
- Full Day 2-Tank Charter Saturday and Sunday with Olympus Dive Center
- Holiday Inn Express accommodations Friday and Saturday Nights
- Scuba Gear, Weights, Tanks, Air Fills
- Transportation to and from Morehead City
- Meals, Crew Tips, Incidentals
Contact Trip Leader Earl Glock for additional info at firstname.lastname@example.org.