Blue Octopus Scuba currently offers two opportunities to try scuba diving. PADI Discover Scuba is for those ages 10+ to try scuba diving in controlled conditions. The discover experience is very similar to Open Water Diver training. You'll receive the information you need to be a safe diver and then swim with Scuba equipment in shallow water under the supervision of a Scuba instructor. After this trial experience, many Discover Scuba participants continue to become Open Water Divers!
The Bubblemaker program is appropriate for all ages, and has no significant academic component prior to entering the water. Bubblemaker is appropriate for children and adults who just want to see what's it's like to breathe underwater without any commitment to training. Note: The maximum depth for the program is six-feet. Credit toward Open Water Diver cannot be offered.
Discover Scuba - $55.00
You learn the basics you need to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional. One thing you’ll learn is that you really can breathe underwater.
- Learn what wearing scuba equipment feels like and how easy it is to move around underwater while wearing it
- Find out what it's like to breathe underwater and learn whether you can be comfortable there
- Learn some basic skills and safety rules that will carry over to your full scuba certification course when you take the next step
Bubblemaker - $85.00
What a great way to introduce children to scuba diving in a pool in less than six feet of water. Celebrate a birthday by throwing a memorable, exciting Bubblemaker party with friends and family at Blue Octopus Scuba. It's fun, easy and safe.
Youngsters can join in the family fun of scuba diving or even start a trend! Children should be comfortable in the water, but they don't have to be super swimmers. With youngsters in mind, the maximum depth is only 2 metres/ 6 feet. Typical sessions last about an hour (sign up, gear up and fun included).
What You Learn:
- Experience what scuba diving is like under the direct care and supervision of PADI Instructors
- Take their first breath underwater
- Learn about and use scuba diving equipment made for children – not adults