Tec 45 adds equipment knowledge and diver skills:
- Dive to a maximum of 45 meters/145 feet
- The knowledge to plan and execute single and repetitive decompression dives using a single stage cylinder of EANx or oxygen to accelerate or add conservatism to the decompression stops.
- No time limit to amount of decompression
- Prepare for and respond to foreseeable technical diving emergencies
- Master the basic skills and procedures you'll need as you move into deeper technical diving
Tec 45 expands the range of gases available for Tec 40 Divers from 50% to 100% oxygen and adds acceleration during decompression. The diver can credit decompression "acceleration" achieved by switching to a gas with increased oxygen content during decompression.
Selecting a Gear Configuration:
Tec 45 requires candidates choose a traditional technical configuration, i.e. back mounted doubles or sidemount. The left diagram shows a diver with back mounted doubles for back gas with independent first and second stage regulators and a single decompression cylinder. The right diagram shows a sidemount configuration featuring independent cylinders, first and second stage regulators, and a single decompression cylinder.